Your Minneapolis Air Conditioner Spring Tune-Up Checklist
Before you know it, the hot, summer weather will be here. When the heat arrives, you want your air conditioner all set and ready to go. Twin City Heating and Air recommends a yearly tune-up to keep you cool all summer long.
When is the best time to tune-up your AC?
There is nothing more aggravating than turning something on and finding it doesn’t work when you need it. Don’t wait to the first hot day to discover your air conditioner is malfunctioning. Now is a great time to schedule preventive maintenance on your air conditioner to make sure you stay comfortable and safe all summer long.
Our 20 Point precision tune-up
Twin City Heating and Air offers a 20-point precision tune-up and safety inspection. We will check and maintain your air conditioner for efficient function and long life. Your air conditioner tune up includes:
- Check the blower motor and measure the amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Test your thermostat for proper operation, calibration and level
- Examine and clean your existing air filter (if needed)
- Inspect the bearings for wear and lubricate them
- Inspect the indoor air coil
- Flush the condensate drain and treat with anti-algae
- Inspect the Condenser coil
- Monitor the operating pressure of the refrigerant
- Inspect the safety devised for proper operation
- Inspect the electrical disconnect box for proper rating and safety
- Inspect and tighten electrical wiring connections
- Inspect and test contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor, measure amperage and volt draw, and wiring connections on the compressor
As you can see there is a lot involved. That’s why regular maintenance is so important. Simple checks can prevent future problems when it comes to keeping cool this summer.