gauge-3936467_1920.png

What is a high efficiency furnace?

What is a high efficiency furnace?

A high efficiency furnace is determined by how much fuel it can convert into heat, measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). For example, if a furnace has a 90% efficiency, 90% of the fuel used is turned into heat. The other 10% is lost getting the fuel to turn into heat. High efficiency furnaces lower energy bills because it produces more heat for the energy it uses. Furnaces rated from 90% to 98% efficiency are considered high efficiency furnaces.